Friday, November 16, 2012

Ease the chill with a treat!

Why hello, my cancer companion friends!  I don't know about you, but I came home from work today and had to fend off a major urge to go to Starbucks for a hot chocolate.  But I knew I wouldn't feel happy about it afterwards, so I came up with this.

This is the quickest blog entry, and it has been a work in progress!  My cousin Lily just figured out the missing ingredient: cinnamon!  Now I think you will really enjoy this treat.

So this is in the spirit of the upcoming holidays, enjoying warm, cozy time with a pretty mug in your hands along with your friends and family.

Hot Cacao
Serves 2


1 1/2 cups fresh almond milk
1 heaping Tbsp. raw cacao
1 Tbsp. coconut crystals
2 tsp. agave nectar
2 tsp. raw honey
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Combine in a pan.  Whisk vigorously to absorb the cacao.  It will take a minute or two of whisking--stick with it.  Heat gently, and please don't let it boil.  Pour in a pretty mug and enjoy!  For adult taste buds, you can add a light sprinkling of chili powder for a Mexican Hot Cacao!

That is it today, my friends.   More soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment