I have been busy this month leading a cleanse, and I have all sorts of new recipes that I've created that I can't wait to share with you soon!
But in the meantime, here is your comfort food recipe for the day. While I love soaking beans and spending time preparing food, the thing I might love best about this recipe is that it calls for canned beans and artichoke hearts! So you can make it in a jiffy....good food, fast. I like to call it fast elegance. I hope you enjoy it!
White Bean, Leek, and Artichoke Gratin
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 leeks, cut into half moons
2 celery stalks, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
2 cans white beans (I like Great Northern--they are actually the smallest!), drained & rinsed
1 can artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Put a large dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pan on the stove over medium heat. Add the olive oil and leeks and sauté for a few minutes. Add the celery, salt the veggies, and sauté 8 minutes or so, until both veggies begin to turn translucent. Add the garlic and heat until fragrant.
- Add the (drained) beans, and (drained) artichokes, pour the white wine over them and stir. Once the wine begins to boil, immediately turn off heat.
- Add the fresh thyme, and stir in almost all of the parmesan.
- Top with the remaining parmesan and put pan in the oven. Cook until cheese is browned and gratin is bubbling.
- Let cool a tiny bit and serve!